Saturday, January 29, 2011

We Have Got To Leave All That Behind.

Today was an awkward day for me. I believe awkward things happen to me because of karma, I often laugh at people in awkward situations and have been known to try to intentionally bring the awkward level up a step. I don't want to write out every situation so i will do a couple in bullet form:
- Was caught scratching the inside of my noise by cute girl in traffic. 
- Was confronted by a teacher about the amount of cartoons i watch. 
- Gave an old friend a hug with sweat stains under my arms. Gross.
- Laughed at by a true thug for knowing the lyrics to "Hold Ya Head" By The Notorious B.I.G
- My art teacher thought my paining i spent two days on was a rough draft.
How is that not the end of my awkward day. It got more fidgety. I arrived at work at 5:00 and went into auto pilot mode. In this state of mind i can clean tables for hours and  completely be zoned out. This helps the time move faster and eases my depression for having to come to work in the first place. One disadvantage of this auto pilot mode is i am usually trying to tune noise out so i don't really realize the volume of my voice. While sweeping the bathrooms of Old Chicago the Jimmy Hendrix song "Foxy Lady" came on. The song continued to play as i gathered up my broom and dustpan and headed for the door. I guess i couldn't hear how loud i was singing until i opened up the door while singing the word foxy and crinkling my nose trying to be like a fox. Once the door opened all the way i was astonished to see a cute customer staring at me about to go into the women's bathroom. I guess she thought i was calling her foxy because she gave me a look that said "Your a greasy buss boy that works at a pizza place/ bar, don't breath my air." Being used to this kind of awkward situation i already knew what i had to do. Keep on singing and walk away. Nobody can take my pride. But still that was awkward.
I hope these situations help me in years to come. Like maybe next time a thug laughs at me for knowing biggie lyrics i should challenge him to a rap battle instead of apologizing for muting out the "n" word.
Or when my art teacher belittles my works i should put clay in her sink's drain instead of admitting defeat and restarting the whole project. 
Maybe ill learn to keep a spare shirt handy more often to ensure dry pits instead of running the risk of giving a sweaty hug. 
I most likely will never learn from my awkward encounters but maybe tomorrow will go smoother than today. Im not ALWAYS awkward. i dont think.

Im going to listen the Avett Brothers advice and "Leave all that behind"

No comments:

Post a Comment